We recognize the Personal and Professional worth of each employee and encourage empowerment, personal satisfaction in work accomplished, security and advancement opportunity.Our Team is recruited and selected for their skills, work experience and commitment to quality. Our professionals are Industry Specialists in the Fields we serve.
Operations, Maintenance & Production
5 to 10 years
Mar 15 2021 12:00AM
Job Summary and Purpose
Lead, direct and administer skilled workers engaged in mechanical repair and machine operation activities in work shop and machine shop but not limited to fault diagnosis, overhaul, rudder and propeller repair & alignment works for timely delivery of projects.
1. Act as first line supervisor for machine shop and mechanical work shop activities in line with the work instructions (Engine Fuel Pump & Injector, Safety & Relief Valves and PV Valves Steel chock bedding, etc. in line with defined standard operating procedure.
2. Ensure mechanical fitters, rudder & propeller technicians, other trade workers who are engaged in various projects in works hop are maintaining proper housekeeping of work place at required standards.
3. Monitor and report any issues and delays to Foreman promptly.
4. Motivate staff to take initiative and support staff through on-job-training/educations
5. Explain specifications, work list, vessel repair plan, etc. to ship mechanics / fitters, rudder & propeller technicians and other workers who are engaged in repair activities in work shop and machine shop.
6. Motivate productive and safe performance of workers.
7. Ensure all HSE and Quality aspects are met and workers are observing good safety and quality standards.
8. Assisting in manpower requirement forcast.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• Trained under Original Equipment Manufactirer (OEM) such as MAN / Simplex etc. is prepferable.
• Diploma / Industrial Training Certificate in engineering or equivalent.
• First line supervision experience in ship yard / heavy industries.
• Familiarity with welding works with at least 3 years of experience in a Lead position.